[MlMt] mailmate lists not findable & two random questions

Thu Dec 5 09:49:46 EST 2013

On 5 Dec 2013, at 14:39, Joris Hoogeboom wrote:

> I have a strange issue where for some reason mailmate cannot find some
> mail I have, ironically the mailmate lists are one of them. I’m
> using gmail and (some?) archived messages are somehow not found by
> mailmate. The one digest of mailmate list I have in my inbox is the
> only one it finds. Is this some funky gmail issue? I’ve been
> switching between airmail/mail.app/sparrow and they can find it.

By default, MailMate does not fetch the “[Gmail]/All Mail” folder.
In the past it was because it would lead to duplicate messages, but I've
made a workaround for that now. Unfortunately performance is not quite
good enough if you have 100K messages, but I think it'll work if you
have 10K (and maybe more). You can try this by subscribing to
“[Gmail]/All Mail” after clicking “Edit Subscriptions” in the
IMAP account settings.

I have some thoughts about this on [the
blog](http://blog.freron.com/2013/mavericks-gmail-apple-mail-and-mailmate/).

> Two other random questions:
>
> - Is there any way to index the individual emails? I do find some
> benefits in being able to tag my emails with finder tags and then
> having them show up in 'smart folders / together app’ in the context
> of some project.

The tags in MailMate are not synched with Finder tags (Mavericks tags)
if that's what you are asking. It is, of course, on the todo.

> - Anyone has tried something like a follow up tickler, so that when
> not receiving a response for a week, it’s notified somehow? I’m
> not sure if I’ve read that’s built-in already (but somehow I
> can’t find how to). I can imagine some smart mailbox rule combined
> with tagging would allow for such a thing more or less.

There is no built-in reminder system. You can create a smart mailbox
matching messages more than x days old (with some tag perhaps) and you
could create a rule triggering some action when a message enters this
mailbox (notification, sound, move to inbox). Unfortunately, I'm afraid
the latter would currently not work. It depends on how I implemented
that type of mailbox :-)