[MlMt] Deleting a thread

Tue Dec 3 06:48:57 EST 2013

On 3 Dec 2013, at 3:12, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> Is there a way to create a key macro to select all of a thread and
> then delete it?
> e.g. ``Command-Control-A Delete``

It could be done using `selectWithFilter:`, but there is also an
undocumented key binding. I think this would work:

	("selectThread:", "deleteMessage:")

> Actually, what I'd really like is the one new feature in Mavericks
> Mail that I rather liked---the way it handled threads, where deleting
> the thread would delete everything in the thread that's in the current
> mailbox, but not the rest---but that doesn't really work for smart
> mailbox rules. At the very least, it shouldn't delete stuff that's in
> the ``Sent`` folder.

I guess with `selectWithFilter:`, it would be possible to exclude
messages located in specific mailboxes or, more easily, messages sent by
you. For example:

	( "selectWithFilter:", "#thread-id = ${#thread-id} and from.name !=
'Kee Hinckley'");