[MlMt] a bit of automation?

Mon Aug 19 14:57:51 EDT 2013

On 19 Aug 2013, at 19:46, Nitin Goyal wrote:

> I send some emails daily with these parameters:
>
> 1. Two (To:) recipients.
> 2. One BCC recipient.
> 3. Predefined text with tomorrow's date (Stuff to be done on
> 20/Aug/2013).
> 4. Attach a particular file.
> 5. Predefined body.
> 6. Send in the background.
>
> I have an applescript to do the same in Mail.app. Since I am not using
> Mail.app anymore and MailMate doesn't seem to have applescript
> support, can I automate any part of the email?

Yes, you can. It is possible to do it using the [`mailto:` URL
scheme](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/extended_url_scheme) via
AppleScript, but it is probably easier to use the
[`emate`](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/emate) utility. Here is a full
example where everything should be on one line:

	printf "Predefined text with the date of tomorrow with a fixed time:
`date -v+1d -v8H -v00M -v00S`\n" |
	emate mailto --send-now
	             --subject "The subject."
	             --to "Receiver One <receiver1 at example.com>, Receiver Two
<receiver2 at example.com"
	             --bcc "Receiver Three <receiver3 at example.com>"
	             "~/Desktop/Attachment One.txt"

You can also explicitly control the “From” identity by using the
`--from` argument if you have multiple identities.

You can read more about how it works by following the links above, but
you are also welcome to ask questions here as well.