[MlMt] Search button behavior...

Sun Aug 11 04:03:08 EDT 2013

On 9 Aug 2013, at 15:47, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> On 8 Aug 2013, at 23:38, Edward Thome wrote:
>
>> For me:
>>
>> (A) Control-Option-Command-F searches within the current mailbox.
>> (B) Holding down on the Option key while selecting the Search button
>> will search within the current mailbox.
>
> This is all nice and dandy but I believe the issue was (is ?) with the
> search **button**. Is there a way to change
> this behavior which I also find confusing ?

There is no hidden setting. The A and B answers by Edward above are the
best I can offer you. It is actually possible to create new toolbar
items, but the mailbox search related selectors are currently hard-coded
in behavior. This is unlikely to change unless (until) I some day revamp
the entire search interface.

> As we are on the subject why do we have to loose the current focus
> (mailbox) when leaving search mode ?

(I got the opposite question when it didn't work like this a long time
ago.) Searching is a special mode. When leaving this mode MailMate
returns to the starting point (by jumping back in history). This
includes returning to the original mailbox. It works for me, but I know
users have many different ways of using the search mode (including never
closing it).