[MlMt] layout bug

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Tue Apr 30 10:18:10 EDT 2013

At 21:34 +0200 4/29/13, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>On 29 Apr 2013, at 17:11, Eric A. Meyer wrote:
>
>>  While you're at it, I'll throw in a vague report that the message
>>pane doesn't always seem to know where the top of the message is
>>located.  Sometimes the message pane will load with the first few
>>lines scrolled off the top of the pane.
>
>Note that MailMate remembers the scrolling position for messages you
>have viewed previously. Could this explain it or do you also see it
>for messages you have not viewed before?

    I've just discovered it's not that.  I have a Smart Mailbox called
"Unread Mailbox" which shows me all the unread messages in my two
inboxes.  As I arrow up and down from one to another, sometimes I'll
hit a longer message and it will be scrolled down a few lines in the
preview pane.  If I scroll it up, it will usually be properly placed
when I come back to it, but then another will be scrolled down-- one
that was properly scrolled (all the way to the top) the last time I
went past it.  I saw this just a few minutes ago.
    The problem is, I can't find a pattern, and thus no way of
reliably reproducing the effect.  It seems to just happen
occasionally.  If it does happen again, what should I capture to pass
along?

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric at meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/