[MlMt] Inline images using Markdown

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Apr 5 22:27:29 EDT 2013

On 5 Apr 2013, at 13:49, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 5 Apr 2013, at 19:46, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> CORRECTION: I neglected to make the first version a Markdown
>> message... Here's the demo:
>
> And it failed again. My crappy mailing list software (Mailman) strips
> the `markup=markdown` part of plain text messages. It only works with
> HTML generation enabled. I have not found an easy way to solve this,
> but I should since this is the only list where one should not need to
> enable HTML generation :-)

Just to be sure this is clear: you DO NOT need to enable HTML generation
for the cross-message reference to be resolved by MM, only to get the
markup=markdown parameter past Mailman OR to get rendering by any MUA
that doesn't understand markup=markdown, i.e. anything other than MM. If
one sends a message with this message-level Content-Type:

And this 3-line body:

	There's nothing at this content-id:

	![](cid:F2019F98-AD60-4BFD-B1BE-DD43BEDAE063 at freron.com "Software
Update.png")

	That's bad

MM will find the referenced image anywhere in its store and render it.