[MlMt] Inline images using Markdown

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Apr 5 13:46:02 EDT 2013

CORRECTION: I neglected to make the first version a Markdown message...
Here's the demo:

On 5 Apr 2013, at 13:14, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 5 Apr 2013, at 18:43, Gustavo Daniel Villarreal wrote:
>
>> Ver nice! I can now build markdown tables with images in the cells,
>> which is great for showing instructions with an image per
>> instruction. I just tested it and it works.
>
> Note that there is one problem with the current solution. I have not
> used the correct MIME body parts which means that all inlined images
> are also going to be shown as attachments at the end of the message.
> Some email clients are going to show them inline again (although they
> are not marked as inline). MailMate just shows them as attachments
> which is why I overlooked this error at first (bad excuse :-) ). I'll
> write again on the list when this has been fixed.

Another thing about this "feature" that is definitely bad: a sender can
copy the cid reference from one message to another and get the image
rendered like this:

![](cid:F2019F98-AD60-4BFD-B1BE-DD43BEDAE063 at freron.com "Software
Update.png")

(I am also uneasy about the whole concept of rendering markup in
text/plain parts on principle,  but I expect that's an unwinnable
argument)