[MlMt] Let the Mail-preview show particular header-parts

Tue May 8 20:43:03 UTC 2012

On 8 May 2012, at 21:38, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

> in the default setting the preview of a mail (i.e. in the
> widescreen-view that would be the third pane) the following
> header-parts are shown:
>
> Is there a way to add a header-part like "Delivered-to"?
> Is there a way to show there to which imap-source a mail belongs?

I know Bill already gave you answer, but here is a few more details.

I have a long term plan to completely re-implement the headers view, but
until then you can make your own formatting string for the view. It is
not really mentioned in the manual except for the subsection on
[layouts](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/customization#layouts). The
file of interest is:

	MailMate.app/Contents/Resources/Layouts/headersFormatting.plist

You should copy it to:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Resources/Layouts/

You may only want to change the `longFormatting` value, so you can
remove the other keys (and their values). MailMate merges the defaults
with your file. That way it'll work as expected if I change the default
`shortFormatting` value.

I think you can use the existing content to add new headers. It may look
a bit complicated, but that's just because it is flexible ;-)

By default, it lacks some headers which should be displayed when
available, so if you add some of them then you are welcome to send me
the result (for example, Resent headers).