[MlMt] Searching and switching mailboxes

Thu Mar 29 20:59:18 UTC 2012

On 29 Mar 2012, at 21:43, Seebs wrote:

> Enter mailbox A, create a search, go to look in mailbox B, cancel
> search, and you're back in mailbox A.
>
> I think this is a bug, but I'm not sure.

Well, maybe just counter-intuitive behavior. I've been annoyed by this
myself.

> (My intuition is that switching mailboxes intrinsically cancels a
> search, but I think I'd be fine with the search staying active, and
> even prefer it; it's just that clearing the search by hitting the -
> shouldn't change mailbox selection.)

Keeping the search when switching mailbox is intentional and so is going
back to the original mailbox when finishing a search. The latter is
useful with respect to “Search All Messages” (⌥⌘F), but I agree
that it does not really make sense for “Mailbox Search”
(⌃⌥⌘F). I'll change that. I guess, the only case where it should
subsequent mailbox changes. In other words, any cached original mailbox
selection should be cleared if switching mailbox (exactly what you
wrote).