[MlMt] Create smart mailbox w/ full threads?

Thu Mar 29 14:24:11 UTC 2012

On 29 Mar 2012, at 16:11, Neil Lee wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to set up a smart mailbox in MailMate
> that shows email received in the past 7 days. I also want to see my
> replies to these emails as well -- basically, the full thread from the
> past 7 days.
>
> Is this possible? I can't figure out how to set this up.

Yes, it's possible. The trick is that you need to use two smart
mailboxes to do it. The first one you probably already have:

	All Messages:
		Date is within last 7 days

If we use the name “7 days” for the smart mailbox above then we can
create another one as follows:

	All Messages:
		Thread-Id is in “7 days” Thread-Id

This smart mailbox picks every message in “All Messages” for which
the Thread-Id (a value created by MailMate for all messages) is the same
as a Thread-Id in the “7 days” mailbox.

If you only want your replies and not the full threads then you could
probably do (untested):

	All Messages:
		In-Reply-To is in “7 days” Message-Id

Well, you would have to either merge mailboxes to get the original
messages as well or maybe add:

		Message-Id is in “7 days” Message-Id

(Merging mailboxes would be more efficient and nicer in my opinion. Keep
the intermediate mailboxes as children of the primary smart mailbox.)