[MlMt] Dock icon badge displays "0"

Fri Mar 23 12:28:35 UTC 2012

On 23 Mar 2012, at 13:24, Torsten Grust wrote:

> since the last update (running v1.4.1 now), MailMate's dock
> icon now displays a badge saying "0" when there is no unread
> e-mail.  Before, there simply was no badge at all.
>
> I find this somewhat irritating, to be honest.  The sole
> presence of a badge triggers ``may need attention'' in me.
>
> Is this the intended behavior or a regression?

It's not intended. It's a side-effect of a bug. When switching to the
Counters preferences pane in the Preferences window, the 0-badges are
enabled such that one can view the counters even if they are 0. They are
then disabled again when switching to a different pane. But if you close
the Preferences window then the 0-badges stick (this is the bug). Try
opening Preferences (⌘,) and switch to a different pane.

Let me know if that does not fix the problem.