[MlMt] Creating a folder

Wed Jan 11 19:36:08 UTC 2012

On 11 Jan 2012, at 19:58, James Pearson wrote:

> I'd like to create some folders to hold / categorize my smart
> mailboxes .. like the "Examples" folder that came with my MailMate
> install.
>
> I can't seem to find a way to do this though.  Am I missing something?

No, you are not. There is no way to create such mailboxes in the GUI.
You can either create a dummy smart mailbox (matching nothing) or quit
MailMate and edit the following file:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist

But take a backup copy first, because you could lose it if you make a
mistake (although MailMate may make a copy if it cannot parse it --
cannot remember right now :-) ).

It may also be possible to duplicate the Examples mailbox if it is
empty, but that is not exactly an intuitive workaround.

And I'll make yet another note that I should make this functionality
available in the GUI.