[MlMt] order of mail address completion?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Thu Feb 2 10:59:52 UTC 2012

On 2 Feb 2012, at 11:15, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 2 Feb 2012, at 11:07, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
>>> Maybe you could try creating a smart mailbox showing all messages
>>> with your name in the From header and then use that mailbox for
>>> completions. (I'll think about how to solve this problem in
>>> general.)
>>
>> I've done that, but I have a followup question: I named this smart
>> mailbox "My Sent Messages", what name should I pass to the command
>> line? Is it "MY_SENT_MESSAGES"?
>
> Sorry, I didn't think about that. It's more tricky than that. Only
> standard mailboxes have “easy” names. A smart mailbox has a UUID
> which you can find in the following plain text file:
>
> 	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist
>
> A description of the variations of the mailbox identifier can be seen
> in the middle of this subsection in the manual:
> http://manual.mailmate-app.com/custom_key_bindings#special_actions

Thanks. I changed it, and I it seems to be putting recently used
addresses closer to the top. It seems that the frequency also matters
(if I emailed someone many times, it may come before a person I emailed
just once but very recently). Is this the case?

> (These technical details would of course be hidden by the GUI if the
> preferences had a popup for selecting the mailbox used for
> completions.)

In the meantime, you could add a "Copy Mailbox UUID" item in the Mailbox
menu …

Thanks,

Alan