[MlMt] order of mail address completion?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Thu Feb 2 10:07:38 UTC 2012

On 2 Feb 2012, at 10:34, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 2 Feb 2012, at 10:11, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to understand how mail address suggestions (when typing an
>> address in the "To" field) are ordered. Is it possible to tweak it so
>> that recently emailed addresses appear first?
>
> This is how it is supposed to work with the caveat that Address Book
> email addresses are currently treated as if they had been emailed 30
> days ago (yes, it's a hack).

Good to know. (In fact I find it's quite smart; it could be configurable
but 30 days sounds fine.)

> The problem is that you are also the creator of that ticket, so you
> probably already use the solution described in the ticket. If you have
> used ALL_MESSAGES for MmAddressCompletionMailbox then that may be your
> problem. Then completion is based on the recipient of any message and
> not the ones you have sent. Could that explain the suggestions you
> see? Otherwise I'll probably need a detailed example.

Yes, this is the cause of the problem.

> Maybe you could try creating a smart mailbox showing all messages with
> your name in the From header and then use that mailbox for
> completions. (I'll think about how to solve this problem in general.)

I've done that, but I have a followup question: I named this smart
mailbox "My Sent Messages", what name should I pass to the command line?
Is it "MY_SENT_MESSAGES"?

Thanks,

Alan