[MlMt] OmniFocus with MailMate

Sun Dec 16 19:35:13 UTC 2012

On 16 Dec 2012, at 19:01, Miklos Koppan wrote:

> Could you please send me some links where I can find more detailed
> instructions regarding the possibility of creating new messages using
> AppleScript (even with attachments)?

I believe this is currently the only documentation:
http://updates.mailmate-app.com/release_notes#extended__url_scheme_to_be_used_via_applescript

The documentation references some scripts which you should use to make
your own scripts (in order to avoid various encoding pitfalls).

As previously noted, you might also find “Edit ▸ Copy as Link”
useful in order to put a URL on the pasteboard which can link back to
the message in MailMate. This also works if you drag'n'drop messages to
a text view. If the destination is plain text then the result is a URL
as for “Copy as Link”. If the destination is rich text then the
result is a subject-titled link (with the same URL).

There is likely to be a command line script included with MailMate soon
which is a simple interface to the `mailto` URL scheme, e.g., to be able
to do something like this:

	emate mailto --subject "Test Message" --to "mm-feedback at freron.com"
attachment1.png attachment2.png

(The script is based on a contribution from a friendly user.)