[MlMt] Test version available: Support for tags using IMAP keywords

Fri Dec 14 08:37:21 UTC 2012

On 14 Dec 2012, at 9:29, Thomas Eckhold wrote:

> The idea is to store all messages related to one client in one mailbox
> but to distinguish the messages by tags. That will allow me to use
> smart mailboxes to distinguish messages by projects, task or what ever
> using tags. I hope at some indefinite future date Benny will implement
> a filter function that would allow me to file messages by tags. In
> addition I hope that my database to store old messages (EagleFiler)
> will be able to read these tags so that I could search them inside my
> database. Does that make sense?

I believe this would be possible if MailMate supported OpenMeta (which
is supported by EagleFiler). Unfortunately I'm not so sure about the
future of OpenMeta (because of the sandboxing rules of the Mac App
Store). But I haven't read up on the details yet — I don't even know
how much work OpenMeta support would require.