[MlMt] E-mail harvest feature

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Dec 4 07:59:50 UTC 2012

On 3 Dec 2012, at 13:11, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there a way to disable the e-mail harvest feature, i.e. the
> collection of e-mail addresses to be stored in some "hidden" address
> book for my supposed convenience ?

I would expect not, as a core component of MM is the database that has
all of those addresses (and other message data) stored and indexed for
fast & accurate searches.

Benny may have an answer about whether there's already a non-obvious way
to make MM not suggest recipients naively from that database. That would
be a useful feature.

> Furthermore is there any way to edit said hidden address book to
> remove bogus entries ?

Assuming that address list is nothing more than the collection of all
addresses in all messages indexed in the MM database, removal of just
the address from just the database would be the wrong solution. However,
you could do it by removing the messages from the source accounts seen
by MM which include the unwanted address.