[MlMt] Moving emails with another client

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Thu Aug 2 19:05:28 UTC 2012

On 1 Aug 2012, at 21:56, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
> Based on the error reported the problem is the IMAP server. MailMate
> says that the number of messages was decreased in the mailbox without
> any prior so-called EXPUNGE messages telling which messages were
> deleted. I'll need to see a log file (and maybe read up on the IMAP
> RFC to pinpoint the exact nature of the problem). You can use the
> Activity Viewer (command-0) to find a relevant log sequence.

Uhm, I think I have too many emails; it does so many FETCH'es, that the
log rotates before I can copy out the relevant information. In addition,
when the dialogue window is present, I cannot scroll the log window (I
get the famous beachball). Once I close the dialogue window, I can
scroll the log window. (-:

> And yes, MailMate is probably overreacting since I believe this is a
> common problem with some servers (I'm not ruling out the possibility
> that a MailMate bug plays a role in your particular problem). What is
> the server address (or server implementation)?

Server is iCloud, so mail.me.com / imap.mail.me.com;

* OK [CAPABILITY nk11p00mm-iscream030 1K29 XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE IMAP4
IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR AUTH=ATOKEN AUTH=PLAIN] iSCREAM ready to rumble
(1K29:13599) nk11p00mm-iscream030

* CAPABILITY XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS CHILDREN BINARY UNSELECT SORT CATENATE URLAUTH
LANGUAGE ESEARCH ESORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES CONDSTORE
ENABLE CONTEXT=SEARCH CONTEXT=SORT WITHIN SASL-IR SEARCHRES XSENDER
X-NETSCAPE XSERVERINFO X-SUN-SORT ANNOTATE-EXPERIMENT-1 X-UNAUTHENTICATE
X-SUN-IMAP X-ANNOTATEMORE XUM1 ID IDLE

--
Joachim