[MlMt] new mail notification sound

Thu Apr 19 06:55:58 UTC 2012

On 19 Apr 2012, at 0:38, Baron Fujimoto wrote:

> As far as I can tell, MailMate should not configured to play any
> sounds
> when new mail arrives, yet whenever a new message arrives in the INBOX
> folder of my source, the "glass" sound plays.  The only place I could
> find
> that seemed relevant was Preference > Counters > Sound. Am I missing
> correct place to turn this off somewhere?

Not really. You are just the victim of bad user interface design.

MailMate allows you to configure 4 counters, one for each corner of the
dock icon. This is what is illustrated by the four dots in the left side
of the Counters preferences pane. You simply need to find the counter
with the “Glass” sound and then change it to “None”.

Originally, the Counters interface was a quick temporary solution. I
still plan to change how this works, but it is not yet a high priority.
I'll see if I can change the wording used below the dots to be less
ambiguous.