[MlMt] Feature Suggestion: Making mailer daemon-mails easier readable

Fri Apr 13 08:29:50 UTC 2012

On 13 Apr 2012, at 9:26, Bill Cole wrote:

> Unfortunately, the Mail.app powers that be have demonstrated with
> their
> abandonment of the standard “format=flowed” line breaking strategy
> *IN
> ORDER TO ACCOMMODATE OUTLOOK USERS* that they don’t understand any
> concept of standards, only that of following the crowd.

This is really sad. Since I don't have access to Outlook I am a bit
curios what the problem with `format=flowed` is for Outlook users? And
how quoted-printable could be a better solution to that problem? (If
anyone knows.)

> There is evidence that Benny is wiser than the bozos writing Mail.app,

Thanks for the confidence :-) What I had in mind would be something like
the interface for blocked images or (the experimental) interface for
PGP, that is, a banner shown at the top of the message with an
interpretation of the error and maybe a link to additional information.
But I would leave the message as it was below this. This does not stop a
user from sending a screenshot of just the banner, but maybe it would be
less likely to happen compared to the solution described in the blog
post.

(This is not a high priority issue.)