[MlMt] Hiding junk mail in smart folders

Sun Oct 2 20:06:45 UTC 2011

On 2 Oct 2011, at 21:54, Steve Hodgson wrote:

> I was trying to build a smart folder to list only mail sent or
> received today but not show any junk mail (I use Spamsieve).
>
> Is there any way to do this? I've attempted to do it using the junk
> and not junk keywords but with no success.

The “Not Junk” flag is only set if explicitly set by the user. So
matching on things not marked as Junk (via SpamSieve) means that you
should use “Keywords do not include Junk”.

But I’m not sure why you would need the keywords at all. If you base
the smart folder on “Inbox” and “Sent Messages” and then a
single condition with “Date is within last 1 days” then I think you
have what you want. At least if junk mail has been moved to the Junk
mailbox as it should be.

If you also want to include messages you have archived (or moved to
other mailboxes) then you can base the smart mailbox on “All
Messages” since that does not include messages in the Junk mailbox
(and “Deleted Messages”) by default.