[MlMt] Deleteing Attachements

Steve Hodgson steve at shodgson.org.uk
Thu Nov 17 12:07:51 UTC 2011

On 17 Nov 2011, at 12:00, mailmate-request at lists.freron.com wrote:

> No, the only kind of deletion of attachments possible is to remove
> attachments from an existing draft (in the composer). I assume you
> want
> to be able to remove an attachment from any message (which implicitly
> means that the message needs to be deleted from the server and
> re-uploaded in its new reduced form).
>
> You are actually the first to request this feature, but I would find
> it
> useful myself (on rare occasions).

I find it useful as I can delete the attachment once I have it - say to
update it - but keep the record of having received it and any
information about it in the mail messages.

I quite like the way Apple Mail annotates the original mail message to
highlight that there was originally an attachment and it has been
removed:

[The attachment 1065-30003-85-1A_Draft A4_1.doc has been manually
removed]

Cheers,

Steve