[MlMt] Mailmate and Dovecot

Tue Mar 15 11:44:38 UTC 2011

On 15 Mar 2011, at 12:31, Johannes Posel wrote:

> I just have a small question. Any chance that Mailmate will support
> Dovecot-based IMAP servers? AFAIK Dovecot does not support the UIDPLUS
> extension, so Mailmate does not access my mailboxes.

I use Dovecot myself, but I know that the support for UIDPLUS in Dovecot
is relatively recent (2008 I think == wild guess).

Earlier versions of MailMate did work without UIDPLUS, but I got tired
of the growing number of workarounds needed, especially when also
fighting Googles IMAP implementation. MailMate is now very robust and
efficient with the UIDPLUS extension and I would strongly recommend the
use of servers with the UIDPLUS extension if possible.

That said, I am actually looking into supporting non-UIDPLUS servers
right now. I'll let you know when/if it is completed. Anyone else
interested can send me a private email and I'll let you know too –
especially if you are willing to test it.