[MlMt] Tips to make custom (thread arcs) views easier?

Mon Jun 6 09:11:38 UTC 2011

On 5 Jun 2011, at 20:44, Mike Brasch wrote:

> Oh, yes please. I think, the tool tips should also appear earlier and
> a little bit clearly using newlines, for example:
>
> <subject><newline>
> <from>

I looked in the code and realized you can already do this yourself (long
time since I wrote the code). Add something like the following to the
plist file (same place as the transformation):

	toolTipFormatting = { formatString = 'From:
${from.name:${from.address}}\nSubject: ${subject}'; };

Since the subject rarely changes I have changed the default to:

	toolTipFormatting = { formatString =
'${from.name:${from.address}}\n${#date.relative}'; };

A tooltip would then look something like:

	Benny Kjær Nielsen
	17 minutes ago