[MlMt] Changing default email sever and popup list suggestions

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Tue Jan 30 18:11:55 EST 2024

On 30 Jan 2024, at 17:26, James Coffey wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> Whenever I use BusyContacts to send a message, mailmate defaults to an
> MS Exchange email and I would prefer to use my gmail account. Is there
> a way to set a default for that rather than mailmate selecting the
> send address?
>
> Also,
> Is there a way to clear the suggestions list when you type in a to:
> address? I mistyped one and no it is the 1st suggestion in the list
> and if I accidentally hit return it gets used.

There are two ways to fix a flubbed address.

The first is to simply delete the stored message that is using the
faulty address. The bad completion happens because you have a message
with the incorrect address saved in the folder you use for address
completion (see your preferences). Deleting the message will remove it
from the completion pool.

The other option is to right-click on the address after you have typed
it into a new message and use one of the “Blacklist” options to make
MailMate ignore it for address completion.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net