[MlMt] Colored Messages: Styles.plist being ignored

Sven Klages klages at molgen.mpg.de
Tue Jan 30 13:23:31 EST 2024

Dear All,

I am using version 1.14 (6019, testing).

In our workgroup we are using a shared IMAP account, most of us with
Thunderbird (and its color tags).
That’s fine, I can display the TB tags in MM.

Now I found https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences ("Colored
Messages") .. that’s really cool.

So I enabled the feature:
```
# set
defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmMessageColorsEnabled -bool YES

# check
defaults read com.freron.MailMate | grep MmMessageColorsEnabled
     MmMessageColorsEnabled = 1;
```

I also created `~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Styles.plist`
just as described with the following (test) content (with MM being
closed).

```
{
     styles = (
         {
             type = keyword;
             keyword = '01.wichtig';
             color = "#FF0000";
             fontStyle = "bold"; // boldAndItalic can also be used
         },
         {
             type = keyword;
             keyword = '04.comp';
             color = "#1080CE";
         },
         {
             type = keyword;
             keyword = '\\Flagged';
             color = "#1080CE";
             fontStyle = "italic"; // boldAndItalic can also be used
         }
     );
}
```

’01.wichtig’ and ’04.comp’ do exist and are shown in "Tags" and
"Raw Tags".

But none of these styles is applied .. it seems that the file is not
even read.
I introduced errors to trigger a warning or so, but simply nothing
happens.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong is highly appreciated :-)

best,
Sven