[MlMt] Threads and Sent Messages

John Doherty jld at jld3.net
Mon Jan 15 15:22:49 EST 2024

Well, I'm someone who doesn't care about "conversation view," so I guess
I can try to explain why not. I do know other people who care about it a
lot.

I do frequently refer to old (sometimes very old) email messages for all
sorts of reasons. I just search. MailMate has what I think are really
great search features and I can usually find what I'm looking for pretty
fast and easily.

Usually all I need is the search box in the upper right of the viewer
window. Sometimes I need to further filter with additional search
criteria. Sometimes I make a new smart mailbox if I think I'll want to
refer to the messages again in a few hours or days.

I also use the MailMate feature of clicking on "From:", "Subject:",
"To:" lines in the message header pane a lot to find other similar
messages.

That's it, I just search. It works really well for me. I don't care
about threads or conversation view. I don't even usually have "Organize
by Thread" turned on.

I think this is mostly a "different strokes" kind of thing.