[MlMt] "Sharing" extension

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sun Jan 14 08:26:06 EST 2024

Steve,

Thanks for pointing this out. Turns out that you are absolutely correct!
It is a feature in Preview even though Mail.app is apparently not
supported! Since Mail was not working either, I wrongly assumed that
both didn’t work within Preview. My bad!

I had to enable sharing in my System (System Settings>Privacy &
Security>Sharing) which is a System thing in Sonoma (and apparently off
for unknown reasons for the Mailmate app - maybe by default?). I think
re-installing the OS as I recently did, may have reset this feature. I
will check this feature in pre-release MacOS and report back if it’s
working there as well (by default). Some listed apps have other options
shown there too.

The checkbox is there for MailMate but was unchecked. Checking it,
closing the Preview app and reopening it with a document, then allows
the Sharing option within Preview as you’ve already described.

That’s a feature I hadn’t discovered before, so thanks to all on its
use.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -