[MlMt] Longtime user struggling with version

Verdon Vaillancourt verdonv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 10:13:24 EST 2024

Hi Eric,

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. I didn’t want you to think I didn’t appreciate your input :-)

On 29 Jan 2024, at 13:46, Eric Sharakan via mailmate wrote:

>> Thanks for your replies! I appreciate the detail. I did go to the download page and downloaded r6019. Thanks for that link. I had forgotten about that page. Running r6019 seemed to launch faster, though still hobbled my system for about 8-10 minutes before everything started running smoothly. I’ll try it for a couple days. It seems stable (so far) once running.
>
> I'm guessing MM decided to re-index your emails, and that took 8-10 minutes.  Hopefully now that that's done, you'll have no further cases of it bogging down your system.

Its been that way for a while, every time MM gets restarted, including this morning when I updated again.. 10 minutes before I could do much of anything with my system.

>> One note of interest, the ‘Check for test Build’ still gives me “You are using a prerelease. 5673 is the latest version available. You have version 6019. Downgrade to 5673 / OK”
>
> Are you sure you were holding down the option key when you clicked "check Now"?  When I do, I get told that 6016 is the latest test version.  If I don't hold use the option key, then I get told 5673 is the latest.

Absolutely sure. I tried again this morning too, before and after updating to 6024. I can share screenshots if you like, but holding down the Opt key and ‘Check for Test Build’ leads to the message offering me to downgrade to 5673. It’s odd.

--
Verdon Vaillancourt