[MlMt] How to create a Mailbox Rule which extracts attachments

Scott mailmate at howyagoin.net
Sun Feb 11 23:36:49 EST 2024

Hi,

> No, I haven’t found a solution yet.
>
> Maybe it is possible to develop a bundle which extracts attachments to folders?
>
> But good to know I’m not alone here with this need….

I have a similar need, and I almost found a solution...using Keyboard Maestro.

I don't want to do it all the time for every message that arrives in a specific mailbox, so, not quite the same use as you and Stefan.

Instead, I have a selection of messages that I want to extract the attachments from to a specific folder.

I created a Keyboard Maestro macro to select all of the messages in that mailbox, and then select the Message -> Save Attachments shortcut in MailMate.

Unfortunately, this is where things start behaving unpredictably.

In the panel that appears, if you type a path (there is no text input area, but if you just start typing as if you're typing a path/directory), then the panel for saving the attachments will change to that directory.

That's a macOS feature, not MailMate.

But however Keyboard Maestro types text doesn't always play nicely with this process (I've tried all of the ways KM has).

I suspect that if I had the KM Macro run some AppleScript that sent text more like a person typing, it may work, but, I've not tested this.

Not quite the fully automated way that you want to do things, but, I'm nearly there with this approach.

Scott