[MlMt] Issue with showing messages in the same thread

Alex Abdo alex at alexabdo.com
Tue Feb 6 15:27:15 EST 2024

All,

One of the most useful features in Mailmate is the ability to show all messages in the same conversation/thread, but that feature doesn’t work as expected when you use it after having conducted a search.

For example, if you search for all messages sent by john at example.com, select the message of interest, and then hit the button to show all conversations in the same thread — you’ll get the messages in the thread of that email, but ONLY those sent by john at example.com. In other words, you get messages from the same thread only if they satisfy the search.

I’ve been trying to work around this (what I consider to be a) bug by coming up with my own key binding that selects all of the messages in the thread and also clears the search box, so that all messages from the thread actually show up.

But I can’t figure out which key binding selector to use to clear the search box. Here’s the key binding for just selecting all messages in the same thread:

> “8” = ("showThread:");

And here’s the list of key binding selectors: https://manual.mailmate-app.com/key_binding_selectors.html

Any help would be much appreciated!
Alex