[MlMt] Heads up: r5979 crashes on startup for me...

Tue Sep 5 16:55:51 EDT 2023

On 5 Sep 2023, at 22:39, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 2023-09-05 at 16:05:38 UTC-0400 (Tue, 05 Sep 2023 14:05:38 -0600)
> Steve Mayer via mailmate <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
> is rumored to have said:
>
>> Just a heads up that r5979 will not even start up for me. Crashes while trying to open the app.
>
> Same here. Tried on 2 different Big Sur machines. Starting from a shell shows a segfault instantly, without any sort of message from MM. Unclear whether any reports were sent.
>
>> I rolled back to r5978 and all is working as expected.
>
> Same here.

Thanks, I've removed the upload. Based on (most of) the crash reports received I can reproduce the main issue. It's related to using the “Bold font for unread messages” setting. Since it's reproducible I'll also be able to fix it. (There might also be other triggers for this bug.)

Sorry about the inconvenience.