[MlMt] When Connecting Mailmate To Gmail I See Throttled Status Although Apple Mail Client Is Not Throttled

Kevin Fjelsted kfjelsted at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 12:08:12 EDT 2023

I see some posts from 2015 discussing Gmail throttling but I am not sure if my issue is the same.

I do have quite a large Gmail account the storage of emails alone is about 130GB and the number of labels (iMap folders) is about 400.

Apple mail took quite a while to sync this account but it did eventually sync and I can send and receive email just file and move mail to the various mailboxes.

I would prefer to use MailMate so that I can have a better experience with the VOiceOver screenreader and write my composed emails in Markdown and get HTML as the posted format.

Why does my Apple mail have no problem but connecting MailMate seems to not want to sync anything because it is throttled according to the legend on the mail account source that VOiceOver speaks when I review it in MailMate?

Is there a workaround to this issue?

-Kevin