[MlMt] Message colouring hierarchy?

Pierre Igot mailmate at latext.com
Thu Nov 9 13:00:31 EST 2023

Hi,

One more question about message colouring using smart mailboxes in MailMate, and then I’ll try to keep quiet. (I checked the manual online, but obviously it hasn’t been updated recently and doesn’t contain anything about the new colouring features yet.)

I would like to know if it is possible to have BOTH a default colour for all incoming messages for a given email account AND other colours applied to some of the messages for that given email account if they meet some specific criteria.

Right now, I have a default colour for each of my email accounts, and I also have coloured smart mailboxes that apply colouring to incoming messages based on specific criteria that have nothing to do with which account the message belongs to. Unfortunately, it looks like the colour assigned to the email account SUPERSEDES the colour applied by the smart mailbox. Is there any way to get it to work the other way around, i.e. to get the colour applied by the smart mailbox to SUPERSEDE the colour assigned to the email account? In other words, is there some kind of colouring hierarchy?

TIA

Pierre

PS: Sorry if I am not always using the exact terminology expected. I am just a user with fine-grained needs :).

--
LATEXT: Literature, music and visuals / Littérature, musique et graphisme - www.latext.com
BETALOGUE: Blog - www.betalogue.com | Mastodon: @betalogue at toot.community
FAUX AMIS : Site sur les faux amis anglais-français - www.fauxamis.fr | Mastodon: @pierre_igot at mastodon.social