[MlMt] Find duplicate mails [and threaded mail]

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sun Jun 18 09:00:33 EDT 2023

Here’s what finds stuff for me:
1. From the Message list…
2. Select an email you want want to find duplicate of. That seems to be
what opens up the “Select” section in the Edit menu.
3. Edit Menu in MM shows the option, “Select Duplicates”. Other
possible selections are “Select Threads” (in the case of a threaded
message), “Select All”.
4. Duplicate messages are shown.

What messages are found as duplicates in a case where no actual 100%
duplicates exist? The answer is sadly, other than expected. The search
produces odd results. I see that it pulls from all messages, but finds
completely unrelated ones as fitting the criteria. Reporting as a bug to
Benny’s bug list as previously requested.

The selection of “Select Thread” OTOH, for this message seems to
produce acceptable results for me, selecting (highlighting and opening
all) items in threaded email in this list. Going by mainly the evidence
in this mailing list as to accuracy of the thread(s) revealed.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.