[MlMt] Is Benny Ok?

Edward Thome ethome at murraystate.edu
Tue Jun 13 09:10:48 EDT 2023

On 13 Jun 2023, at 5:59, Henry Seiden wrote:

> I can add, subtract or otherwise edit the columns in the messages at
> will, with Single Column enabled.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Henry Seiden

I change which columns are available in any pane by Control-clicking the
top/heading of one column (say, Subject) and the selecting or
deselecting choices from the resulting contextual menu.

My experience is that if you remove *all* other columns after enabling
Standard Single Column, then there are no further column headings in
which to click to add any other columns back…you just have the single
headerless column.

Initially, when I enabled SSC, there was one column with ‘Standard
Single Column’ at the top/header, another with ‘Subject’, another
with ‘From’, and so on. After switching ‘Outline Column’ to
Standard Single Column, it is possible to remove all the columns but
one. If you deselect all other columns except ‘Standard Single
Column’, then you see the ‘Standard Single Column’ layout in that
pane, **but** it no longer has a top/header to select and so I cannot
use the above method to add back a ‘Tags’ column or any other
column.

It might be the method that I use. Or it might be that **nobody** else
in the world would think of removing all the other columns.

At any rate, if you quit r5965 and open r5964, it will come up with a
‘From’ column. If you add a ‘Subject’ column and quit r5964,
then when you open r5965 again, you have column headers with which to
add Standard Single Column back…and all can be put back as you want
it.

Sorry to be wordy.
Ed