[MlMt] Using CSS for customizing spacing, padding and other for better readability

Claudio Ruiz clau at riseup.net
Tue Aug 22 13:07:12 EDT 2023

Hello folks,

With the help of Philip (thanks so much!) I found out the solution and I
could be able to have a smoother plain text view.

For doing that, you need to create a `main.css` file within
`~/Application Support/MailMate/Resources/` that ”complements”
`/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/Resources/main.css`.

For instance, for having more visual space you can write there something
like:

```
ul,
li {
   margin-left: 10px;
   padding-left: 20px;
}
```
I hope this helps for other people looking for the same I did.

I’m still looking for ways to edit the CSS of the plain text new
message window. I would love to give this a little bit more of padding,
but I can’t find how to do it. If any of you have any clue whether
this is possible, please let me know.

Best,