[MlMt] app specific password??

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sun Aug 13 21:10:05 EDT 2023

Jo,

You create an app specific password in iCloud.com. However, you need to
enable two-factor first. Then you can create the app-specific password
there.  Maybe that’s why things are different with the changes you
made?

Here’s an [Apple Support document on implementing app-specific
passwords](https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397).

I label my own app-specific passwords with the apps they are used with
for clarity in iCloud.com and in my local password manager(mSecure).

All version of MailMate have no problem using the third party passwords
once updated in iCloud. If you changed your base password in iCloud that
is the first place to look to confirm its settings are still in place.
Usually they stay put, I have not seen them change for this reason, but
recommend that you check your iCloud.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -