[MlMt] copy/paste html links

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Thu Sep 15 06:22:55 EDT 2022

Hi Zvi,

Yes! I use an Apple shortcut which works fine for me to copy/paste or
embed a web link into the body of an email. Sounds like what you were
trying to do manually. I think you’ll find it useful.

First, the long way… Copy and paste:
1. Type the text you want to highlight, with a leading [this is some
text which will represent your link, or the link itself minus any
confusing non-readable characters](). Then a closing ], then a (and the
pasted link then a closing ). Notice the highlighting/underscore is
applied here.
2. Cut and paste the full link (with https://) inside the (). This
process is long but it will give you an idea or two about the key
combinations. Notice that simply typing parentheses enclosures around
characters doesn’t do it completely, especially if you use an HTML
composer variant format.

Now, the short way. Similar to above, but quick:
1. Type the text to represent the link you’re going to embed as above.
No need for special characters.
2. Select the link in your browser to be embedded.
3. Back in MailMate, select the text you just typed if you haven’t
previously. Type ⌘K. This takes care of everything else… Copies and
pastes the previously selected with all special characters. [Like so,
it’s ready and embedded in your email](https://freron.com/). Try it!

The command is a hold over in Apple MacOS from Mail and is nicely
applied here in MailMate. I use it all the time.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.