[MlMt] Precedence of message list colors

Tariq Magdon-Ismail tariqmi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 21:48:57 EDT 2022

Hi,

When setting colors via the "Use Color in Message List" mailbox option, I was wondering what the precedence is. For example, I have set the color for my Gmail "account" under Sources to green so that I can distinguish its messages from the other accounts. I also have a "To Me" Smart Mailbox for all messages that are addressed "To" me, and I've set the message list color to blue. I have yet another "VIP" Smart Mailbox for particular senders with the color set to orange.

When I look at the messages in the "Inbox" things look as I would expect:
	- All Gmail messages are green
	- Of those, ones addressed to me are blue
	- And the ones from VIP senders are orange.

In a "unified" smart mailbox, how does MailMate determine the coloring of a message when the message is contained in two other mailboxes with conflicting colors?

Thanks in advance,
-Tariq