[MlMt] Modifying IMAP account details

Malcolm Fitzgerald mailmate at businessdatasystems.co.nz
Tue Oct 18 18:59:40 EDT 2022

On 18 Oct 2022, at 23:34, Henry Seiden wrote:

> As to the problem, perhaps your trial didn’t store the IMAP account details properly or you were trying an old version of MailMate? In any event your current version seems to have working accounts. So, try reinstalling at least one of those non-working IMAP accounts to improve access in MM.
>
> The Help menu in MM (Help>MailMate Help>Account Setup) leads to a detail page about setting up your account(s) properly, including some advanced naming features for multiple alias emails, finding your account details.

Good suggestion. I removed one of the accounts using Remove Source. Then I re-entered the account using "Add IMAP Accounts..." Unfortunately, the new account showed the same behaviour.

Fortunately, I think I've discovered the issue. I'm using MailMate/5918 and I used the auto-magic option that generates an IMAP account from your email address for some. These do not allow me to edit the IMAP details. The accounts that allow me to edit details were created using the "configure manually..." button.

Malcolm