[MlMt] MailMate crashes upon launch on Monterey

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Tue Nov 22 14:09:47 EST 2022

Thank you all who responded. Let me answer all here.

To make the story short, after some checking, I removed the MailMate
folder from the Application Support (I left the preference file as I
checked that it does not affect anything). I fetched version 5673 from
the /archives/ directory. It launched and created a new MailMate folder.
I quit MM and copied all config plists from the old folder to the new
folder. MM launched just fine and started fetching all mails. That took
quite a while despite me being in 1GB internet connection (I do have
some 200,000 emails in 25 accounts), but all is well.

I then fetched version 5850 and it launched fine. The layout needed a
fix and I can’t say I care too much for the bland grayish look, but it
works.

I then fetched 5918 to move further and noticed that the version I
fetched from the /Archives/ is 14.6 MB whereas the version I fetched
last week from the download page is 7,5 MB (I am talking about the tbz
file). The one from last week is identified as 2.0 beta whereas the one
downloaded now is 1.14. It works fine and it has a bit of a color but it
is somewhat bland, making it harder than needed to find the correct
mailboxes. I will look into maybe replacing icons later. For now, I am
happy that it works.

To round up testing, I put back the original MailMate folder into the
Application Support and now the app crashes as before. Upon quick check,
I noticed that the folder structure have changed somewhat. Attachments
are elsewhere for example, so it seems that indeed refetching the mails
and having MailMate create proper set up under Monterey was the key.

Why am I using Monterey and not Ventura? The laptop I just bought came
with Monterey and since I am moving from El Capitan, adding 1 extra jump
does not seem like a smart idea. I am jumping quite far already. I may
venture to Ventura later, when I get all working.

Anyway, thanks all for help!