[MlMt] Scrolling of message contents gets "stuck"

Wed Mar 2 06:01:37 EST 2022

On 1 Mar 2022, at 16:08, Charlie Clark wrote:

> not sure if this is relevant but rendering HTML seems to be pretty slow. I occasionally have to switch to HTML to view a message and when I did this this morning with a change to PayPal's T&Cs it was a bit like watching treacle. It is a very long e-mail but still feels unusually slow (same in 5875 as in 5874). Let me know if you want the original e-mail.

You are welcome to send me an example using “Help ▸ Send Feedback”. There might be an issue I'm not fully aware of.

It is not unlikely that a long email or an email with a lot of separate parts can be slow to load/display. There are still things I can improve, but for very large emails (like huge log file emails) I might have to resort to some kind of “Show all” button to make initial display faster.