[MlMt] Condition for Last-in-Thread

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:45:13 EST 2022

Thanks, All.

I have a similar but slightly different solution.

I think Marc’s solution will show all messages related to recent
threads.

I want only the last message. I tried Alain solution for a while
(tagging outgoing messages that require a response), but I couldn’t
get my muscle memory used to tagging outgoing mail. Instead, I just have
a mailbox with messages that are sent by me and are last in their
thread. I think Alain’s solution is the only one that can weed out
messages that require no responses (e.g., a mere “Thanks” email),
but my solution is close enough for me (given that I can’t get used to
tagging).

Here’s what I did.

I have one smart mailbox called “All Sent Mail”. It includes
everything sent by me. It is different from the normal “Sent
Messages” mailbox because I use MM to auto-move my replies into the
mailbox of the message they are replies to. The “All Sent Mail”
smart mailbox catches all messages I’ve sent, regardless of their
mailbox.

Another smart mailbox is called “All Received Mail”. This is all
email that is not initiated by me.

The third mailbox takes “All Sent Mail” as the input mailbox. It has
the following conditions:

+ Message is not replied

+ Message-id is not in “All Received Mail” References. [In human: if
some received message already references a message that I wrote, that
message should be excluded].

+ A time condition

The “Message is not replied” is necessary, I think, in cases where
thread split. I’m not sure about this, try for yourself.

YMMV.

Zvi

On 6 Dec 2022, at 12:07, Marc ARC wrote:

> What I forgot to mention . . .
>
> The mails will remain in SMB_1 unless you define that SMB_1 only
> should contain mails in your Inbox.
>
> So as soon as you answered and archive the mail which you responded
> to, SMB_1 ( and subsequent SMB_2 ) will only show what you will have
> to handle.
>
> We use this kind of Conditions on our Sources, so that they show only
> what we have to respond to ( of course you will need to archive ).
>
> Since we also want to archive only the incoming mails ( and keep our
> respons in the Sent Messages ), we add following Rule on our Archive
> mailbox
>

> All the following are true
>     From >>Identity exists
> Move to Mailbox Sent Messages
>
> Hopes this helps
>

> Marc
>

> On 6 Dec 2022, at 17:56, Marc ARC wrote:
>
>> Hello Zvi,
>>
>> You create a Smart Mailbox [SMB_1] and set in the Conditions Date is
>> within X days.
>>
>> I would recommend that you create a second [SMB_2] where you set the
>> conditions as follows:
>>
>>     Any of the following are true
>>     	Thread-Id is in [SMB 1] Thread–Id
>>     	References is in [SMB_1] Thred-Id
>>
>> SMB_2 will then show all the mails/threads related to the mails which
>> are SMB_1 ( ex also the possible reply )
>>
>> Have fun !
>>

>> Marc
>>
>> On 6 Dec 2022, at 17:07, Zvi Biener wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I’d like to create a smart mailbox that keeps track (more-or-less)
>>> of emails that I’m expecting a reply to, but have not received
>>> one.
>>>
>>> To this end, I’d like to create a condition that picks out the
>>> last message of any threads in, say, 10 days. Does anyone know how
>>> to do this with mailbox conditions?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Zvi