[MlMt] Trash Can Icon in Message List

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Apr 24 22:20:43 EDT 2022

On 2022-04-24 at 18:05:23 UTC-0400 (Sun, 24 Apr 2022 18:05:23 -0400)
Mike Conley <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> I guess I was not so much interested in the peculiarities of the
> Xfinity IMAP server as I was in what exactly the trash can icon in the
> message list meant. Anyone know?

It sounds like MM is marking messages as deleted rather than moving them
to whichever mailbox in the account is being used as the "Trash"
mailbox. That is an older model for how deletion is done in IMAP, but
I'm not sure why MM would do that for one account and not others or why
it would show the deleted but not yet expunged messages.

I thought MM had a preference to use that method, but I can't find it at
the moment.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org