[MlMt] How can I create a Smart Mailbox with all emails I have sent?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Oct 15 13:50:04 EDT 2021

On 2021-10-14 at 21:20:47 UTC-0400 (Fri, 15 Oct 2021 12:20:47 +1100)
leo <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Hi all, I would like to create a Smart Mailbox containing all emails I
> have sent.

By default, MM has a "Sent Messages" mailbox which aggregates the
mailboxes in all accounts which are marked as "Sent" type. It should do
what you want. If you've somehow deleted it, you can recreate it by
adding a smart mailbox which covers those source mailboxes and has no
conditions or rules.

> I have tried a condition like  `“From -> Address“ contains
> “<my email address>“`:
>
> But with this the Smart Mailbox contains spam which pretends to be
> sent from my address as well.

If for some reason you don't have "Sent" source mailboxes and really
need to find messages you have sent in source mailboxes that also have
mail you didn't send, the condition "Received" "Does Not Exist" should
do the trick. Note that this will skip copies of your own messages sent
back to you by mailing lists like this one.

> Is there a mail header which says „_This message was really sent
> from this particular SMTP server_“ or similar?

If a reliable header like that existed, the character of the Internet
would be unrecognizable.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org