[MlMt] Preserving Layouts

Thu Aug 12 09:24:18 EDT 2021

On 9 Aug 2021, at 14:21, Robert DelRossi wrote:

> Sure I’m missing something obvious, but most days when I start
> MailMate I need to reset my preferred view to Widescreen. Is there a
> way to preserve that so that MailMate always starts with this
> selection?

This could be superstition, but in my experience if *I* quit MailMate,
the layout is preserved. If the *system* quits MailMate (restart/log
out/shut down), the layout is lost. So maybe if you can remember to
manually quit MailMate before every reboot, you won’t have this
problem?

I never remember to do it, but I did just remember that Quicksilver
allows [event triggers][1] for “Computer Will Shut Down” so I just
created one to quit MailMate. Haven’t tested it. IF it works, I’ll
have to manually start MM after a reboot, but at least the layout will
be preserved.

[1]: https://qsapp.com/manual/plugins/eventtriggers/

--
Rob McBroom