[MlMt] Prospective user: Possible to use MM in separate window mode?

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Mon Apr 5 16:30:03 EDT 2021

On 5 Apr 2021, at 15:31, David Green wrote:

> On 5 Apr 2021, at 13:52, ch wrote:
>> I really, really dislike the one-window three-pane email standard -
>> it drives me bonkers. I'm someone who likes to see everything at
>> once. My office looks like chaos, but I know in which pile and how
>> far down everything is because I can see it! :-)
>
> You can have multiple windows.

You can spawn as many “Viewer” windows as you need (CMD-OPT-n), and
then adjust the mailbox folder hierarchy display to suit your tastes.
Your window layout persists across restarts of MailMate.

> I think to get what you want, you would choose
> the three pane view, select the mailbox for this window, and then
> chose to hide the mailbox side panel.

You might also use View -> Layout -> Two Panes, which will show just the
mailbox hierarchy and the list of messages for one mailbox in a Viewer.
This layout spawns a separate window for each message you open, which I
prefer.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net