[MlMt] AltaMail vs. Preside?

Bryce Wray bwray at wraytx.com
Sun May 17 13:05:14 EDT 2020

On 16 May 2020, at 17:40, Randall Gellens wrote:

> I nicely useful blog post, thanks for writing it and letting us know.
> I especially appreciate the clear, early links to the app's privacy
> policies.
>
> Just as an aside, you write "MailMate isn’t 'pretty.' Its interface
> is busy and dated-looking...."  I am thoroughly sick of sleek and
> modern-looking interfaces that range from utterly useless to
> user-vicious.  It seems that every major web site and app has
> "modernized" their interface, making them clean, pretty, lots of empty
> space and pictures, at the cost of being able to see or do anything.
>
> --Randall

Randall,

Thanks for the kind words. Of course, where MailMate’s interface is
concerned, I was writing mainly to those unfamiliar with it and whose
only experience is with the glitzier looking apps of more recent years.
Having personally used many different email clients over the last
quarter-century, I am perfectly happy with its interface. I wish for
only **one tiny thing** more — the option of showing a two-line-or-so
message preview in the messages list — which is one of the items Benny
has said he will get around to adding someday. :-)

Best wishes,

Bryce Wray
bwray at wraytx.com
https://brycewray.com