[MlMt] Auto-suggest mailboxes when moving a message

Stefan Buehler stefan at sbuehler.de
Wed Feb 19 05:51:00 EST 2020

Dear all,

Gary Wong wrote on Feb 16:

> In my iOS email app, Spark, when I click the MOVE button, it would
> list mailbox suggestions based on the recipient and my move history. I
> can also search for a new mailbox if none of those are correct. It’s
> very accurate - usually the first 2 or 3 boxes are almost always the
> box I want to move the message to.

> In Mailmate, the move dialog’s mailbox list is simply based on
> history of last boxes I moved messages to. I almost always have to
> search by typing the first few characters, which is fast and works
> great, but still requires more work than Spark. I was wondering how
> hard it would be to add an auto suggest feature to Mailmate either as
> a core function or as a bundle.

I have the same problem. I so far used Apple Mail with a plugin called
MailHub that offers the same functionality (suggesting filing location
based on the location of older mails from or to the same person). Since
I have a lot of mailboxes, I find it hard to work without this.

I love MailMate’s ‘correspondence’ layout. Basically, the
necessary information is right there! If only the ‘Move to
Mailbox…’ command would put the mailboxes where those other messages
are stored on the top of the suggestion list. Is this somehow possible?

Best wishes

Stefan